Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Cake Bars



4 eggs

1 2/3 cups sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

1 15 oz. can pumpkin

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1tsp salt


Cream Cheese Frosting

1 pkg. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.

3. Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool before frosting.

4. To make frosting, cream together the softened cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add powdered sugar a little at a time, beating until smooth. Spread evenly on top of cooled bars.

*This sheet cake is so moist and yummy. We made it on Halloween, and I think I took a little bite every time I walked by it!

2 comments:

Susan said...

How'd you know I needed another pumpkin recipe?

Michael and Tiffany Harper said...

Thanks! Those were so good!