Sunday, January 25, 2009

Loaded Mashed Potatoes



5 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed

6 TBS. butter

1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cubed

1 cup sour cream

3 green onions, chopped

1 tsp. minced garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Cook potatoes in boiling salted water, 20-25 mins. Drain well. Mash with 3 TBS. of butter. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Spoon into a greased casserole dish. Melt remaining 3 TBS. butter and drizzle over the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins. or until heated through.

I tried these instead of the usual mashed potatoes and gravy. They were delicious, and so rich that you don't need any gravy!

1 comment:

Ms. Earl said...

These sound good... probably even better if you just made them for me but you know how I am about cooking. Since Kam's party, Katelyn wants pizza benders every chance she gets. I've been loving my Christmas present. Thanks! Vanilla Bean Noel is one of my favorites!