Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Looking Back...

I can't believe this little boy is going to be one next month!
I was just looking back at some of the posts from last year at this time. I was complaining about pregnancy: sore feet and pinched nerves, lack of sleep and weight gain.
I thought this baby would never get here.
I remember looking over at him and hearing him cry for the first time and thinking,
"Wow, I can't believe I have a boy! He's really mine!"
He is such a character. He's so different from the girls. If he finds a toy he has to pound it on the floor and the wall and throw it. He is such a fast crawler and he always heads straight for the stairs. He turns around and slides down the stairs as fast as he can.
He is such a daddy's boy. He reaches for him the minute he walks in the door from work.
Asher has been the most difficult/spoiled baby of the three,
but he was definitely the easiest delivery. You can't beat a scheduled c-section!
I thought it was funny that I had to walk down to the operating room and hop up onto the operating table myself. I remember the anesthesiologist, an older lady, saying to the nurses,"It's way too cold in this operating room for a baby. You need to turn some heat on." I couldn't believe that in 30 minutes there would really be a baby in the bassinet sitting just to the left of me. Once they got him out, I just had to turn my head and I could see him crying and squirming.
It's been so fun to have a boy in our family. It's hard to remember what it was like without him.
We sure do love you, sweet boy!