For those of you who know me, you know I'm not a crier. But last Saturday morning it happened. I had a full on melt down. I was crying hysterically and had to leave in the car for awhile. Why, you ask? Oh, someone let Steve out of solitary confinement, and he came upstairs, went straight to the newly cleaned couch, and had a PEE!!!
I was so shocked and angry. I threw him into the garage, moved his litter box and food into the garage, and then I left. I had to. I was going to kill him! He's such a nervous cat that he went and hid inside the back of the freezer. Oh well!! Don't care!
So, about four in the morning I wake up to a terrible sound coming from the garage. I open the door to find him frantically scratching and destroying the rubber seal that goes around the door.
Needless to say, he's back in solitary confinement to live out the rest of his days. (It's a fairly large storage room. Don't feel bad for him!) He gets 20 minutes in "The Yard" each day, and then it's back in solitary.
If you think I'm being harsh, let me just list his crimes:
1. Scratched the corners of my new bed, bedspread, and shredded the bedskirt.
2. Scratched the door frame to the master bath--inside and out.
3. Peed 3 times on the Luv Sac which had to be thrown out. ($500.00)
4. Scratched all the corners of my red microfiber couches.
5. Scratched the shiz out of one corner on each of my new couches downstairs--had to buy a $50 throw to cover it.
6. Shredded up my really cute, new floral chair in the basement.
7. Peed on the red love seat last year. ($120 to Stanley Steemer)
And remember, I also paid for this cat to have pins and rods in the broken leg that he had when we found him. He doesn't know how good he's had it. Oh, what am I to do??
3 comments:
Oh Tor, YOU are way to nice!!!! That is one expensive cat. You could give him away, but if anyone reads your blog they won't want him. :)
Why do we keep animals that do horrible things? Dixie has bit Harrison twice and I haven't gotten rid of her, although I really want to. Have you considered declawing the cat? Then he wouldn't have the scratching problem.
Good heavens girl. Get rid of that cat. I can't think that your husband is enjoying him much about now. Am I right or am I right or am I right.
Post a Comment