Monday, September 15, 2008

Steve the Cat




Last fall we were on a little family bike ride on the trail behind our house when a thin, scraggly, gray and white cat crossed our path. Kamry felt bad for it because it was so skinny. She asked if she could take it home to feed it. Being the cat lover that I am, of course I said yes. The cat started coming back to our house to eat every night for about a month. Kamry was calling it Bella. I wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl. When I discovered that it was a neutered male, I said, "I think Bella is actually Steve." The name just stuck. One night when Steve came to eat, we noticed that his back leg was dangling. It was definitely broken. He ended up going to the vet and we paid for his surgery. He had a metal rod and pins to hold the bones together. We let him stay in the basement to recover, but then winter came and I just couldn't send him out into the cold and snow. Chavis was not happy about this, but the girls just love him. Steve has made himself right at home. He even sleeps in my bed most nights. How did this happen??

3 comments:

Michael and Tiffany Harper said...

Poor Steve, good thing he has a good uncle Mike to take him to the vet.

Shelley Nicole said...

ha ha...oh Steve...you weirdo stray cat owner

Just me said...

Hey Torre,
Welcome to the blog world... I have a few stray cats around my house if you wanna come and get them.. i'd gladly let you take them.. Melissa is getting close to haveing the baby.. She is having some test ran today.. She will be up north this week and plans on delivering the baby up there. Anyways.. just thought i would say hello.