Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mouse!!!

So, last Thursday at school I found a candy bar in my top desk drawer that had been nibbled on. I thought, how could a mouse get into a closed, metal drawer? The next day I found a Slim-Fast bar with the wrapper shredded open. There were also mouse droppings in the drawer. Disgusting!! In ten years of teaching I have never had a mouse problem, but I have also never had to teach in a trailer. I let the custodians know, and they set a trap and put out some D-Con. This morning, as I was teaching my first class, I looked behind the garbage can, and there it was-- dead and rotting in a mouse trap!! I'm sure that really added to the already hideous smell in the room! I called down to the office and said, "I need someone to retrieve a mouse carcass from my classroom." I had to finish teaching my first class, knowing that there was a dead mouse!! So gross!! A raise would be nice, smaller class sizes would be great, but all I want is a nice room in the building. Is that so much to ask??

5 comments:

Shelley Nicole said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! That's my favorite story. Let's quick and leave the country...seriously.

Astar306 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You deserve a nice classroom! Without the mouse. How did it get through a metal drawer anyway? up the back? CrAZy!

Susan said...

Okay. I would have died. Ya. You do need at least a bonus check for having to deal with that!

Ms. Earl said...

YUCK!!! We had a ton of mice at South Hills and Riverton. I almost stepped on a dead one in the foods room one morning. I've heard they can squish those little bodies of theirs to fit through just about any space.