I was watching Cats 101 on Animal Planet and I was totally fascinated by the Savannah Cat. The breed has only been around since the 80's, and was created by breeding a wild, African Serval with a domestic cat. The result was an exotic looking cat with the temperament of a domestic cat. Aren't they beautiful?? The problem is, they are extremely expensive, so I don't think I'll be getting one. I've been looking at them online, and they are about $2,ooo to $8,ooo for an F1 Savannah. F1 means that its father is a Serval, F2 would have a grandfather as a Serval.... There are some pretty funny videos on YouTube of these cats. They are jumpers!
What can I say, I've always been a cat lover!!
Jumping Savannah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCcfymXQkM4
Serval Jump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbSnmetciU
Serval getting a backrub from kitty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eilw0DaTUg

5 comments:
ha ha! That's crazy! I want one too!
I am pretty sure that this cat would eat Steve!
No, it won't eat Steve! They are raised with other domestic cats and people.
I was thinking the same thing as Amie - they sure are pretty cats!
Have you seen the size of Steve? He's a big boy! Servals in the wild eat lizards, mice,snakes, birds...Savannahs eat cat food. I don't think Steve is in danger of being eaten! We're not talking about cougars, here!
Post a Comment